Volunteering in the Founder’s Café
The volunteer opportunities at Blanchet House revolve around our public food service.
We serve three meals a day, Monday thru Saturday (Closed Sunday). Breakfast is from 6:30 am to 7:30 am (arrive by 6:00 am) Lunch is from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm (arrive by 11:00 am) and Dinner service is from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm (arrive by 4:30 pm).
The job assignments we have available to our volunteers are:
- Cook’s Helper (plating the food)
- Food Server (bringing the food out to the guests)
- Busser (clearing the tables of dirty plates and cups)
- Beverages (keeping the coffee, water and/or juice filled).
We have over 5,000 volunteers so the schedule fills up very quickly. Once you have determined the day and which meal service you would like to volunteer for (breakfast, lunch or dinner) please call Dennis Arnold at 503-226-3911 or email him at email@example.com. Please consider a donation to Blanchet House if you cannot find an open spot to volunteer. $10 will feed 30 people.
We can accept up to 12 volunteers maximum per meal service, unless otherwise stated. No more than 12 please. All volunteers must be on the schedule.
Additional Rules and Regulations for Volunteering
- Anyone with hair below the shoulders must tie it back.
- No open toe shoes, no shirts with exposed armpits, no mini skirts, no half shirts exposing midriff, no short shorts (Daisy Dukes).
- Short sleeved shirts are fine.
- All volunteers are welcome to dine with us after the meal service for a delicious meal prepared by our Blanchet House cooks.
- Community service hours are accepted only for educational purposes. Please bring school documents for signature.
Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older
VOLUNTEERS MAY BE SUBJECT TO A STATE AND FEDERAL BACKGROUND CHECK